Sunday, October 25, 2015

[Crafts] Origami Bow Tie

Hello! So, as you may know, I love origami. I don't do it as often as I'd like (I blame work lazyness), but every now and then I'll get the itch to do something.

I was always intrigued by these figures made of paper. I had some books but I just could not get them. The instructions for me, even if it was with images and arrows as to which way to fold something, were always beyond me.

And then... YouTube. I realized that the only way I'll ever create an origami figure is by watching a tutorial. This way there is rarely room for error. You see when you have to turn the paper over, which way to fold, how to fold etc.

My last great project was an origami flower bouquet that I did for the daughter of a friend of my mom's who was getting married and is battling cancer.

This weekend I was tagged to an origami bow tie tutorial by my cousin. I couldn't resist the challenge so today I took a piece of wrapping paper, so I had a lovely pattern, and started folding. Let me tell you that folding wrapping paper is not easy. At least the one I had because it was pretty thick. But it turned out alright.

Here is a link to a tutorial. It's not the one I used since that one was on Facebook but the steps are the same. Enjoy!

Any favorite origami figures you'd like to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment