Thursday, September 10, 2015

[Monthly Reads] August Book Wrap Up!


Wow August was tough!

In July there was the International Book Fair here in Lima, Peru where I'm currently living.

There, of the books you see here, I bought Sister Noon, Wonder, and the Maze Runner box set. The last two mentioned I adored and Wonder made my cry. Sister Noon, not so much. Although the writing is lovely.

The Husband's Secret and the Matched trilogy I bought when I went to Buenos Aires to visit my grandparents.

I'll post fuller and more detailed reviews in the future (I need them fresh in my mind for that XP), but all I will say at the moment is that I expected more from the Matched trilogy. It's good enough to suggest for a light reading, but I felt like some parts were rushed. The idea behind the trilogy is excellent and very thought provoking. The whole society Cassia (the main character) is living in is complex and interesting, but not explored enough, for my taste.

As for the Husband's Secret, I liked the main plot and the way it was written, linking three women together to a specific town in Australia through their own perspective. Moriarty (and what an epic surname!) uses these POV chapters to her advantage and leaves us with several cliffhangers. However, the secret ended up being too obvious for my taste, and I ended up not liking any of the women. I'll leave the reasons to your curiosity. I do recommend this book though, it's a fun and easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment