Thursday, September 17, 2015

New MockingJay Trailer - "For Prim"

Right. So, the Hunger Games. I have to say I wasn't so impressed by the trilogy. I read the books back in 2013 during my holidays.

I thought the first book was interesting and new (if you don't count Battle Royale). Wasn't all that moved by Katniss and Peeta. I know, probably a first.  I loved the second book. I did, I thought it was better planned, more original and with a deeper look into the psychology of the districts and the characters. Haymitch is my favorite character in the whole trilogy, by the way. The third book left me a bit confused at times and of course... emotionally destroyed by the end.

Anyway, the second trailer of the Mockingjay Part 2 came out and... my eyes got suspiciously watery. I blame onion cutting ninjas.

The trailer is spectacular. It's even titled "For Prim", which is how the whole thing started in the first place. Now I don't mind romance, but in a world where people are dying left and right and forced to kill, it always feels out of place. But this trailer summarized the best parts of the book and of humanity. Katniss volunteered for her sister's sake. Not for love, not for glory, but for family. That is what I wanted to see more of, but during the course of the book it got lost, to be replaced by the Peeta and Gale dilemma. Until the very end where Collins rips your heart out and stomps it.

This trailer... watch this trailer. It's heartbreaking!



What did you think? Heartbreaking or what? Would love to see different views on the whole trilogy. Who was your favorite character and why? (Mine was Haymitch, guy is a badass!)

No comments:

Post a Comment