Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Welcome!

Image: Gladstone Library 
Hi there! Welcome to the Guild of All Trades. I hope to meet new people and interact with them, share ideas and generally have a great time. A small note first. 


In 2009 I started a blog on Livejournal.  Although, it was rather more of a place to post stories than an actual blog. I won't say it crashed and burned because it's still around... floating in the ocean that is the internet and it has some success. 

I had moments where I would post every week and then months of inactivity. I still love writing but I like to think I matured in that regard, which is why I decided to start from scratch. 

I might post a ficlet or two, original stories (I've been saying that for years so don't hold your breath), book reviews, book vs movie reviews (I can just tell it'll involve a lot of venting and cursing), talk about teaching and dancing and all kinds of artistic topics. Basically, I'd like to write about things that interest me that I can share with all of you, although books will probably be the main theme. 

I chose the name for this blog for two reasons. One, because I want to write about more than one thing. The second, because thousands of people, worlds, cultures and stories hide inside of books. I love the idea that you can find them all in one place -a library, a bookshop, the internet or your own room-a sort of guild, and each contains something unique.

This journal is my guild, and the trades are many.

(On a side note, I'm crossposting to my Livejournal, s-ren, if anyone is interested.)

No comments:

Post a Comment